We couldn’t provide the support we do without the help of our amazing volunteers.
Volunteering for GNZ is a great way to help others. The possibility of losing sight is an everyday reality for people with glaucoma. We are always looking for supporters who want to help others living with the disease and help Glaucoma NZ to reach the people not yet detected.
There are many ways to volunteer at Glaucoma NZ, from running our support groups, to providing orthoptist expertise, being a guest speaker or sharing your corporate skills with our business projects. Would you consider giving your time to the organisation?
Volunteer roles could include:
- Distributing publicity materials around your local community.
- Supporting patient symposium meetings (meeting, greeting, and serving tea on the day)
- Coordinating support groups
- Coordinating small education events
- Speak about your experience with glaucoma (as a patient or eye health professional) at your local community meetings or retirement villages.
Let us know if you would like to volunteer your time and/or particular skills, or get more information.