Digital Platforms Privacy Notice
This privacy notice sets out how Glaucoma New Zealand ("we" or "us") collect, use, and disclose information collected through your use of our websites, including www.glaucoma.org.nz , www.glaucomaeducation.com , and other online mediums and digital platforms, and including our Facebook page, membership database and any mobile application we may offer (the "Platforms"). We may also collect, use and disclose information to the extent applicable law does not prohibit it.
What kind of Information do we collect?
Information collected through the Platforms may include personal information about you. The personal information we collect may include your name, date of birth, addresses, email address, telephone numbers, your experience with glaucoma, and information on your use of our services.
Collection of Information: The information collected by us may include personal information:
- a. provided by you through registering an account on the Platforms, submitting an online form, request for information, survey or application through the Platforms or otherwise submitting information to us through the Platforms or post or upload to the Platforms;
- b. provided to us by you through any other method (including without limitation correspondence and discussions);
- c. relating to interactions and transactions you carry out on, or through, the Platforms;
- d. collected by us through tracking your use of the Platforms, including the content you access and any services you utilise (such as search queries entered, pages you have accessed and as further detailed below; and
- e. collected by us through automated technology (as set out in paragraph  below).
Consequences for failure to provide: Failure to provide necessary personal information when requested may result in you not being able to fully utilise all of our products and services and/or being not able to register an account which may be needed to gain access to certain features of the Platforms.
- Automatic Data Collection Technologies: As you navigate through and interact with the Platforms, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns. Some of this information may be linked to you personally. This information helps our Platforms function correctly, helps us understand the needs of our users and may be used for the other purposes set out in this privacy notice. Examples of this information include:
- a. website related traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data;
- b. data related to your use of the Platforms. This includes the pages you visit, the resources and services that you access; the time you spend on each page, the date and time of your visit, referring pages (pages you came from or go to) and statistical and other aggregated data derived from your use of the Platforms;
- c. information about your device, computer and network connection, including your IP address, operating system, hardware version and browser type;
- d. if you allow our Platforms to deliver content based on your location (for example by enabling this feature on your mobile device) we may collect location data (such as through GPS, Bluetooth, or WiFi signals) including for the automated delivery of relevant content and advertising to you.
- Social Media and APIs: Our Platforms may include social media features such as links to Facebook and other interactive programs that run on our site. These features may collect your IP address, which pages you visit on our site, and how long for. If you're a member of a social media site, the interfaces may allow the social media site to connect your visits to this site with other personal information. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Platform. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy notice of the third party providing it and to the maximum extent permitted by law we accept no responsibility for the actions of those third parties.
- Use of information: Your personal information may be used by us (and our employees, officers, agents, contractors and affiliates as defined below) for any purpose which is stated to you at the time of collection or that you otherwise authorise and for the following purposes:
- a. to communicate with you;
- b. to provide you with the goods, services, payments processing and/or information you have requested;
- c. to assist you if you forget your username or password for any of the services we provide to you via the Platforms;
- d. to conduct address verification for invoicing and billing purposes;
- e. to assist in providing better services to you by tailoring them to meet your needs;
- f. to provide you with further information about us or other platforms or goods or services offered by us or our related companies or third parties or which we consider may be of interest to you;
- g. to carry out marketing, promotional and publicity purposes including direct marketing, market research and surveys;
- h. to keep the Platforms relevant and of interest to users;
- i. to customise the Platforms to your preferences and to show you advertising and information that is most relevant to you and your interests based on the information you have provided to us or we have otherwise collected;
- j. to contact you via electronic message regarding purchases or listings you have accessed or other listings on the Platforms we think you may be interested in;
- k. analysis in aggregate form (identifiable characteristics removed so that you will remain anonymous).
- Information Sharing and Disclosure: We:
- a. may disclose information about you, to our affiliates (which means any person or other entity which directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by or is under common control with us) for the purposes set out in section  above;
- b. may disclose information about you, to our contractors and suppliers to enable them to provide services and products to us in relation to the Platforms [including transaction processing services, hosting services and support services];
- c. reserve the right to disclose your personal information when we believe it is appropriate to comply with the law, facilitate court proceedings or to protect our rights.
- Data Storage and Security: Any personal information that you provide to us through the Platforms will be collected and held by us. Our address is 85 Park Road, Grafton, Auckland.
- Data Access and Correction: Under the Privacy Act 1993 you have rights of access to and correction of personal information that we hold. This can be done by contacting us by email at email@example.com or phoning 0800 452 826.
- Electronic messages: If you provide us with electronic contact details, you agree that we may send you commercial electronic messages (eg texts and emails) for any of the purposes set out in this privacy notice.
- Organisational Transitions: In the event of a change in ownership of all or a portion of us or the Platforms, your personal information may be transferred to the new owner so that the Platforms can continue operations. In this event, your information would remain subject to this privacy notice.
- Changes in Privacy notice: We reserve the right to make changes to our privacy notice or alter our Platforms’ functionality. Any changes made will be updated in this privacy notice accordingly, so we encourage you to review the policy for the latest information on our privacy practices.
- Contact Details: If you have any questions about our privacy notice, or any other matter, please feel free to contact us. You can reach us in one of the following ways:
Department of Ophthalmology
The University of Auckland
Private Bag 92019
Telephone:09 373 8779
Freephone:0800 452 826 (0800 GLAUCOMA)
Fascimile:09 373 7947
This privacy notice was last updated on 2 September 2019.